Tuesday, 4 June 2013

cowardice

The very thought of the future scares me to bits, that I've been spending my days sleeping, sleeping, and sleeping. As a result, my nighttime sleeping habits are now thrown off and I end up lying awake at night pondering and becoming anxious. The following is a list of my current fears:

1) failing to do my job well
2) failing to secure a job next year
3) failing to be accepted and liked by my peers
4) failing to achieve what is expected of me
5) failing to meet my goals
6) failing to help those in need
7) being alone

Notice that failure is a prominent theme in this list. Yes, I am indeed afraid of failing. This has rendered me 'incapacitated', such that I want nothing more than to hide from the world, and in the comfort of my bed.

When have I become so cowardly?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! =)

    You can erase number 3. As you know very well we love/accept you Ilyn!

    And I dunno about you, but i don't consider moving to a new city, and fighting through 6 months of it cowardly. We both did and are doing it! I don't think we are cowardly at all!

    Much love you my dear! Keep blogging, you have a reader! hahaha!

    Take care!

    Vlad

    ReplyDelete