I have a bad habit of worrying too much. I worry about everything, big and small, including matters that are beyond my control. I worry about the past, the present, and the future. Frankly, this habit kills me.
The exercise of worrying is undeniably futile, but I can't help it at times! I am the type of person that likes to be in control, a quality I'd certainly like to let go of. In my head, if I can control the consequences of my actions and decisions, I can then avoid heartache and failure. But clearly, this has rarely proven true.
I know that if I can cut down on worrying, I can then dedicate my time and energy into more important things in life, such as personal development and cultivating relationships. There's no easy way to go about it, and I foresee a lot of trials along the way, but I am confident that it is achievable. I smell plenty of blog posts ahead..
No comments:
Post a Comment