In the past week alone, I've literally been in four different cities, within two different continents located on opposite ends of the Earth. I must say that I do enjoy all this flying and traveling. If I ever won the lottery, traveling definitely tops my list (along with paying back debts, looking after the parents, and donating to charity).
The only thing I hate about flying (surprisingly not the airplane food) is the lack of space to sleep. I find it really uncomfortable sitting in those seats for hours on end. Even having an empty seat beside me makes no difference--during my Toronto to San Francisco flight, I had an entire row to myself--as lying across these seats is still quite uncomfortable. Still, this is a small price to pay for being able to fly to another part of the world (not to mention, the costs of flights is a hefty price to pay!).
I really love experiencing different cultures, and a big part of this is due to the opportunity to sample the various cuisines available. Vancouver and Melbourne, despite being on completely different continents, are similar in that the foods they offer are just exquisite! Locals from each city would agree that Vancouver and Melbourne have some of the best eats within their respective countries.
I know eventually that all this flying will catch up to me, and my sleep cycle will become messed up. If there is one thing in the world I wish I could invent, it would be a means for teleportation (though I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere out there has already mastered doing so)!

No comments:
Post a Comment