My goodness! The past four weeks have flown by ever so quickly. One minute, I find myself boarding the plane to Vancouver; the next, I am sitting at the gate, waiting to board my plane for Sydney, Australia! It's been a whirlwind of a month, and I am sad to bid it goodbye.
All I can say is that I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to do an elective in Vancouver. As mentioned in my previous post, Vancouver is such a wonderful city! I loved the sights, the people, the shopping, and everything in between. I've met some really good people there, such that I didn't even feel homesick at all! In fact, I think I may have left my heart in Vancouver, as I'm dying to go back. The doctors in the hospital were just so nice and encouraging, and they truly make me want to work in the same hospital and the same unit (Mood Disorders) even more. Moreover, this elective has truly cemented my choice of specialty: Psychiatry. I can't wait to pursue this field upon graduating from medical school.
In fact, I am now setting my sights on doing my residency in Vancouver. If I play my cards right, write the proper exams, and get good references, I'd have a good chance of attaining this ambition. Only God knows what lies ahead for me, but for now, doing a Psychiatry Residency at UBC Hospital is my dream.
Despite my previous plans for Residency, I really do want to come back to Canada for it, instead of staying in Australia. Home truly is where my heart is, and I already cannot wait to be back in this beloved country.
No comments:
Post a Comment