When a random person smiles at you, does it not put a smile to your own face? How about when a random person comments on your hair, does it not brighten up that second of your day? And finally, when a random person offers to lend you a hand, does it not restore your "faith in mankind"?
My answers to all of the above questions is a definite YES! Hence, I've decided to start my own "spreading happiness" project.
From this day onwards, I pledge to do the following:
1) to smile at others as I go about my day
2) to compliment those around me not only on their outward appearances, but on their efforts and personality traits as well
3) to practice random acts of kindness daily, such as helping elderly people carry heavy belongings
What's my inspiration for this project you ask? It's these ads posted on bus stops (click on the image to go to their site):
I wonder how the world will respond to a big-eyed, huge-smiling, compliment-giving me?

No comments:
Post a Comment